Despite the bleak macro backdrop, the GameFi market report demonstrates the resilience, innovation and long-term growth of this nascent sector. Investment inflows and user activity in Blockchain Games are consistently outperforming and outperforming DeFi, reinforcing the thesis of the next boom in both GameFi and Metaverse when 100 Millions of global citizens can access the crypto space in the future.
This can highlight the trend of decentralization being increasingly upgraded and favored, and along with it, the Game 2.0 platform will be focused and developed explosively in the near future.
1. Overall Market of 2022
- The Fear and Greed index fell back to extreme fear.
- Ethereum was just 20% away from yearly lows on Sept. 22 when it hit $1,245.
- In the GameFi space, this pull-back manifested itself as less investment in the space and a dearth of new projects launched.
The number of GameFi projects grew by 1.3%, an all-time low for the industry.
- Out of the 4 largest chains for blockchain games (BNB, ETH, Polygon, Wax), BNB had the most new projects, 12 in total.
Ethereum, WAX and Polygon had 2, 3 and 4 new projects, respectively.
2. Blockchain Gaming is the most active in the Crypto space
On-chain data shows that almost 60% of current Blockchain usage is done on Blockchain games, with an average of 967,662 UAW per day. According to the DappRadar report, the GameFi sector overtook DeFi by a significant margin in June and July 2022.
The leading game studios in the Web2 space are also taking their first steps into the Web3 space. Typically, Square Enix (Final Fantasy) invested about 35 million USD in the game Zebedee in a Franchise B investment round.
GameFi Volume & Users
- The total volume in GameFi dropped 40% percent MoM to reach an all-time low since the beginning of the bear market.
- Counterintuitively, the number of gamers has increased sharply MoM.
- This indicates a decline in the volume per user, which is reflected in the GameFi Volume and Transactions per User data.
- Ronin—and, by extension, Axie Infinity—lost 11% of market share for gaming volume. One the other hand, Polygon and BNB gained 5% and 7% respectively.
- MAU jumped by 27%, 43% of which were new users (614.6K in total)—the largest MoM increase since March.
- This increase was driven mostly by new players on Polygon (88% of new players in September), a vast majority of whom played Arc8, a mobile-first arcade game.
- The increase of people playing Arc8 drove Polygon’s significant growth in October; Arc8 is a mobile-first GameFi arcade by blockchain studio GAMEE
- Unlike what would have likely happened early in the year, when a breakout performance by a game would generate hype and lead to jumps in token price, GMEE—Arc8’s native token—did not see a significant price increase, increasing by 20-30% MoM. It is still 97% below its ATH and around 20% below its June price when it had a similar number of active users.
- Splinterlands and Alien Worlds continue to be the two most-played games in GameFi, with overall number remaining relatively stable.
3. What will future GameFi models look like?
In addition to the indicators and data showing the potential of GameFi as described above, the improvements and innovations in the business model of the next generation of GameFi projects are also a bright spot that attracts attention by many investors. Here are some outstanding trends that have been resonating in the world GameFi community.
Most blockchain games still revolve around P2E, and the dual token model is the most stable, proven system available. Therefore, the future GameFi model can still use this model but also requires a DAO vault and an NFT marketplace.
It is important to note that the NFT marketplace must be the project’s own, so that at least tax revenue is the main source of income for the project at this stage, rather than relying entirely on the money of late-entry players.
Since NFTs will be an integral part of GameFi, project owners can try to make NFT props the main output of the game, whether it is ERC-721, ERC-1155 or a new evolvable protocol like EIP-3664.
The second most important thing is the framework design of the game model, which is related to the sustainability of the project. A simple cycle of token and NFT between improving character attributes like GameFi 1.0 would be too thin. This model is more like a Ponzi framework, where the late-entry money keeps contributing to the front-entry money, and the project developer throws the token pressure on the NFT, which will fall into a death spiral when the NFT pool overflows.
4. The Next GameFi Trend
“FUN TO EARN”
Games have become an indispensable part of life, serving people’s entertainment needs. The current game market is booming with many different game genres (strategy, action, roleplaying, shooting, moba, etc.). However, some game genres with very high difficulty are only suitable for a certain part of the player. So a simple but attractive game that makes money without making players too stressed and suitable for all ages is a trend that the game is aiming for the future.
Therefore, Hero Snake is a complete combination of an NFT game platform and an arcade game from the Herocoin ecosystem, using HBG tokens and built on the Binance Smart Chain (BSC) platform. Hero Snake Gameplay is simple but creates a fun experience that attracts players, and this genre is suitable for the majority of players of many ages.
Moreover, Hero Snake also inherits the economic mechanism of GameFi to generate income for players from his own gaming activities. With fun gameplay and GameFi economic mechanics, Hero Snake will be the future of the “Fun To Earn” trend.
Unsurprisingly, HeroSnake SOLD OUT 500 E – NFT in the Seed Round within the first 30 minutes. This is understandable when HeroBook (Subject) has built a community for more than a year with its practical values and the community is extremely strong and continuous. In addition, the GameFi HeroSnake title is not only highly entertaining but also brings a lot of real value, so when it comes to singing, it gets a lot of support from old and new users and is a bright spot in the late 2022 period.
In the Developer’s next plan, HeroSnake will open another 500 E – NFT sale at Private Sale on December 26. E – NFT is another form of NFT, but the owner has the right to participate in voting, direction,… for the projects that the N – NFT represents, and can completely exchange, buy and sell on the exchange. As easy as other normal NFT bags, but NFT has the advantage because of the following characteristics:
- Hard to be dominated
- Guaranteed transparent profits
- Low price volatility
- Safety in investment
- Transparency in ownership
HeroSnake is confident to be the bright spot of the GameFi market in the near future thanks to its outstanding advantages:
- Hero Snake is a complete combination of an NFT game platform and an arcade game from the Herocoin ecosystem, using HBG tokens and built on the Binance Smart Chain (BSC) platform.
- Hero Snake Gameplay is simple but creates a fun experience that attracts players, and this genre is suitable for the majority of players of many ages.
- Moreover, Hero Snake also inherits the economic mechanism of GameFi to generate income for players from his own gaming activities.
Based on the signs of a comeback, the GameFi market in general promises to explode in the future and HeroSnake in particular will become a bright spot in the BlockChain ecosystem.
I have over 10 years of experience writing about cryptocurrency and blockchain technology. I have been published in major publications such as CoinDesk, Bitcoin Magazine, and Blockonomi. I am a regular speaker at crypto events and conferences.I am passionate about helping people understand this complex and rapidly-growing industry. My goal is to make complex concepts easy to understand for the average reader. I believe that blockchain technology will change the world as we know it, and I want to help people navigate this exciting new landscape.